Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ideas

I have just moved and have been battling Telsra (unsuccessfully) for internet..

this week Ive been looking into a few things.

I started by looking into the idea of collaboration, watching a few TED talks
for use was in particular; Jimmy Wales on the birth of Wikipedia.

from here I started looking at the site, and the context of brisbane. Looking at the Architectural identity of both Paddington and Brisbane.

from here, the idea of the negative space of the city struck me. The spaces between the City spaces- how the existing can create a frame for the future.

in terms of architectural implications for the site, I was thinking about framing and adaptability. Some sort of a frame that can be added and taken from easily

from here it went to our Initial project one idea of recycling and up cycling. Design so as doesn’t have to last forever. 

I was looking at some traditional examples of buildings that have been deconstructed and what was highlighted by this was that allot of building recycled , were recycled and up cycled because of materials and qualities. 

then I started thinking about natural resources and commodities; Queensland is rich in . 

where I am at the moment that I want to look further into is 
-What materials readily available now now will in the future be commodities, so that in future when building materials become more valuable than the building then the building can be easily dis assembled and utilised.
- and from our last assignment , how can antiques and furniture be utilised so that the form of the building benefits and enables its function. 

can the building be made up of a frame where furniture can be the form?

eg. even though this idea is mainly aesthetic mine will be functional, but Potato head in Bali.


trendland, potato head bali. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=potato+head+bali

Diagrams , and Images found this week to come once my internet is up and running. 


No comments:

Post a Comment